As an early adopter of ChatGPT and other generative AI tools, the Mayo Clinic Communications Department has been a leader in enabling staff to safely use artificial intelligence to transform their work.
In this session, you’ll learn how the department fosters a culture of daily generative AI use across diverse applications. You’ll also learn how to develop practical use cases to simplify and elevate your work while elevating your role as a strategic advisor.
This session offers valuable tips and insights for everyone – including those just starting with generative AI and more advanced users, as well as skeptics and AI advocates.
In this session, we’ll cover:
- The essential steps for adopting generative AI responsibly while fostering a culture of experimentation and innovation.
- Strategies for identifying and expanding powerful use cases for your daily work.
- Developing an intuitive understanding of “AI moments” to seamlessly integrate generative AI into everyday tasks and complex projects.
- An inside look at the Mayo Clinic Communications Department’s plans for expanded use of generative AI.
- The session will include an interactive activity and open Q&A for attendees to ask questions and learn from each other.
About Matt Russell
Matt Russell is a senior director in the Mayo Clinic Communications Department who co-led the department’s efforts to establish guidelines, use cases, and training processes for ChatGPT and other generative AI tools. Matt also leads the department’s generative AI super users group, which is focused on continuous exploration and innovation.
Formerly an award-winning senior reporter for the Rochester Post-Bulletin, Matt joined Mayo Clinic in 2012. He served as the communications lead for the $3.76 billion Campaign for Mayo Clinic and led Mayo Clinic’s engagement with PBS for the premiere tour supporting the Ken Burns documentary “The Mayo Clinic.”
Matt holds a bachelor's degree in English from St. John's University in Collegeville, Minnesota. He is on track to complete his Master of Business Administration degree at Saint Mary's University of Minnesota in the spring of 2024.
- February 19, 2024 at 12:00pm – 1pm
- 54 people are going