The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a welcoming community that supports, develops and connects communication professionals around the world. We recognize the value and power of a diverse community, and are committed to embracing the diversity, equity, equality and inclusion of all people.
Regardless of your race/ethnicity, religion, family status, age, physical abilities and attributes, sexual and affectional orientation, actual or perceived gender, gender identity and expression, socio-economic status, and occupational focus, you are an equal and valued part of our global community. We require you abide by the IABC Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct.
IABC’s shared values state: We are a diverse community. We welcome diverse communication professionals of all levels and practices. We embrace diverse viewpoints, encourage conversation and celebrate cultural differences. We believe these differences benefit our community and we are more enlightened, well-informed and successful when we honor our unique experiences and perspectives. We Commit to:
- Cultivating a global, inclusive and diverse community of practitioners.
- Encouraging the interest and active participation of under-represented groups within the communication profession.
- Guiding the profession to ensure that organizations and institutions can be transformational in their DEI communication practices.
- Being a community of practitioners that demonstrate the values of equity, equality, inclusion and belonging.
- Taking action to build an association of greater diversity, inclusion and belonging within the profession.
The International Executive Board reaffirms IABC’s commitment to supporting and encouraging diversity, equity, equality and inclusion in our global communication community.
(Updated July 2021)