No matter the organization, data and insights show our people are flooded with information. There is no “one size fits all” approach when we engage and communicate with our people. We need to segment and target. Using personae is about finding a way to communicate messages to a global audience that are designed with a specific someone in mind, rather than a generic 'everyone.'
To shift mindsets and behaviors, create employee advocates, and deliver on organizational vision, we need to frame our communications and engagement around our people. A single, top-down approach won’t work. We need to meet them where they are. Personae should be actionable, i.e. we need to be able to communicate and engage directly with them, so we can shift mindsets and behaviors to deliver on the strategy and vision. The aim of personas is to group our people in a way that helps us cater for meaningful differences among them.
- Learn about the concept of persona-based employee communications and how to apply it in your organization.
- Recognize how to use persona-based communication within your organization with actionable steps to initiate persona development.
- Discover how to advocate for persona-based communication with senior leaders and business partners with concrete examples.
- The session will include an open Q&A for attendees to ask questions and learn from each other.
About Carla Guest, Senior Communications Manager, Siemens Energy
An accredited and award-winning professional communicator, Carla’s focus is to deliver on strategic objectives while meeting, and exceeding, stakeholders’ needs and expectations. Her extensive experience in communications is based on more than 25 years of professional practice for such diverse organizations as the Canadian federal government, educational institutions, and the private sector. In her current role, Carla develops and implements employee communications for a workforce of 100K. Carla is passionate about personas and employee engagement. For her, internal communications is about delivering the right messages to the right people at the right time. Outside of her work with Siemens Energy, Carla is a proud hockey/lacrosse mom to three great kids!
- December 14, 2023 at 12:00pm – 1pm
- 21 people are going