Featuring Ann Wylie
Co-sponsored by IABC New York Tristate Chapter
Is your copy easy to read? According to communication experts, that’s one of the two key questions people ask to determine whether to read a piece — or toss it.
Fortunately, academics have tested and quantified what makes copy easy to read. Unfortunately, that research virtually never makes it out of the ivory tower and into the hands of writers who could actually apply it.
But you’ll leave this session with readability targets to hit to reach all of your audience members, tools to measure your copy’s readability and techniques for hitting those targets. Specifically, you’ll learn how to:
- Measurably boost readability with our 6-step system.
- Use a cool, free tool to measure and manage reading ease.
- Figure out how long your message really should be.
- Hit the targets. What’s the best length for paragraphs? Sentences? Words?
- Increase reading by hitting one key on your keyboard more often.
About Ann Wylie
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.
Ann’s popular workshops take her from Hollywood to Helsinki, helping communicators in organizations like NASA, Novartis and Merck polish their skills and find new inspiration for their work.
Before launching her writing, training and consulting firm, Ann was:
- Editor of a nationally acclaimed executive magazine
- A media relations professional at a boutique PR firm
- Wditor of Hallmark’s employee communications channel
During her tenure at Hallmark, Ann’s communication channel was named the best of its kind in the nation by Women In Communications and best of its kind in the world by the International Association of Business Communicators.
In all, Ann’s work has earned nearly 60 awards, including two IABC Gold Quills.
Ann is the author of a dozen learning tools, including RevUpReadership.com, a toolbox for writers.
- October 17, 2023 at 12:00pm – 1pm
- 5 people are going