Saint Luke Lutheran Church in Devon, Pennsylvania, is looking for a communication specialist.
Saint Luke is a vibrant congregation that welcomes all people regardless of age, race, gender identity or sexual orientation, life experience, and questions. Saint Luke provides a supportive Christian community where we nurture each other in our spiritual growth, education, and daily lives through prayer, fellowship, trust and service. Saint Luke invites all to utilize their time and talents to participate in God’s work—locally, nationally, and globally—serving people in need.
Position Description: This professional coordinates church communications including website, print media, email, advertising, and social media. The goal of this role is to inform people in the community about services the church offers and to keep church members informed so they can be engaged in both participation and volunteer leadership.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage the content and navigation of the church website, including management of the external calendar, news, events, and blogs.
- In conjunction with the program staff, develop marketing and communications materials, including digital newsletters and social media.
- Produce and send the weekly email newsletter.
- Assist the Communications & Evangelism teams in preparation of materials.
- Proofread copy/content submitted for distribution on the website, social media, or newsletters.
- Track, report, and assess user analytics reports for the website, social media, and congregational emails.
- Maintain an archive of church photos and graphics.
- Create social media posts to drive involvement in services and events.
- Develop email templates and campaigns to support involvement/outreach through an email platform (Mailchimp).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a large team.
- Willingness to take on challenges and propose solutions.
- Strategic thinking of how to make church communications the best they can be in a powerful yet cost-efficient manner.
- Graphical design skills for print media, web, email, and social media; Must have experience with design software, such as Adobe Cloud.
- Technical aptitude and experience managing website content and building pages: WordPress and SquareSpace; HTML coding not required.
- Familiarity with MailChimp or comparable email platforms for creating lists, workflows, sending bulk email, and reporting.
- Social media posting and scheduling; Ability to create appealing visuals with motion; Familiarity with video and animation editing apps; Must be able research and write headlines/text.
- Skilled proficiency in Microsoft365 (Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams); Zoom.
- Working knowledge of Planning Center church management software (desired but not required)
- Must have excellent writing, grammar, and communication skills. Experience and Education • Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience • Two to four years of professional communications employment
- • Flexible scheduling!
- o 80% of work can be performed remotely.
- o 20% of time spent on-site for face-to-face engagement with staff and volunteers, including a minimum of 24 Sunday mornings (9am-noon) per calendar year for development and maintenance of in-person station dedicated to optimizing experience of newcomers and engagement of volunteers in programs/ministries offered by the congregation.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Salary of $45,000 to $50,000 depending on experience
• Eligible for benefits such as pension, health insurance, holidays, vacation, and other leave as described in HR policy.
How to Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and examples of design work to: Email: [email protected] HR Team c/o Saint Luke Lutheran Church 203 N Valley Forge Rd Devon, PA 19333