Ascenus is looking for an internal communications specialist.
Internal Communications Specialist
The Internal Communications Specialist will play an instrumental role in creating an exceptional associate experience while building and cultivating the Ascensus culture.
This role will partner with the head of associate communications to inform, engage, and inspire associates as they advance our mission of helping people save for what matters—retirement, education, and healthcare.
Job Functions, Essential Duties, and Responsibilities
- Deliver writing and editing support for leader and associate communications.
- Manage editorial process and ensure effective message planning and dissemination.
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships with internal teams.
- Support production of town hall meetings, including the flawless execution of logistics, content generation, and creation of post-meeting cascades.
- Produce written materials, focusing on formatting, brand consistency, proofreading, graphic appeal, and editing/reviewing to ensure quality.
- Optimize internal digital channels. Generate and post content and support engagement and utilization.
- Protect, secure, and properly handle all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Model Ascensus’ I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter. Quality First. and Integrity Always.® in your actions on a day-to-day basis, showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Provide support for the Brand and Communications team and assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Experience providing collaborative support for strategic internal communications initiatives.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills. Strong attention to detail relating to material accuracy, consistency, grammar, and spelling.
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning, and project management skills. Ability to meet deadlines consistently.
- Skilled at managing digital channels.
- Proven ability to take direction and translate organizational goals into action.
- Ability to foster professional relationships that result in consistent and courteous communication with clients and colleagues.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Independent and proactive thinker adept at setting goals, prioritizing, and making decisions.
- Ability to incorporate effective graphic standards into communications and maintain corporate brand guidelines.
- Ability to multi-task and work on several large projects at one time.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Product Suite, (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Office 365 applications, SharePoint, Zoom, video editing software (iMovie), and Adobe Professional applications preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing, or a related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years of internal communications experience in a fast-paced corporate or agency environment required.
- Financial services industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Skilled writer and has a passion for storytelling and content development
- Has a high comfort level engaging and partnering with a variety of internal clients
- Strives for excellence in all aspects of project implementation and is detail-oriented
- Proactive mindset and is a self-motivated team player who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Has an affinity for digital channel management.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Ascensus, we aspire to make a difference for others. We are a technology-enabled services company that helps people save for retirement, education, and healthcare through our network of institutional, financial advisor, and state partners. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity—housed within our Core Values: People Matter. Quality First. Integrity Always.®
As a leading independent recordkeeping services partner, retirement plan third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator, we aim to hire associates who find pride in going to work every day knowing that they help more than 12 million people save for what matters.
If interested, go to: https://www.applytracking.com/tp/rj6-NC7Sh-e-K