MediaNews Group is seeking a Digital Sales Executive to join its Pennsylvania sales team.
MediaNews Group offers news reporting and third-party advertising and marketing opportunities through its multi-platform products which include web, mobile, tablet, and print. We are one of the largest media groups in the U.S., serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. MNG publishes award-winning content (49 Pulitzers) that amasses and engages a nationwide audience via 800 multi-media platforms including web, mobile, social, and print. We are transforming the news industry.
The Digital Sales Executive is responsible for the sales and development of digital marketing campaigns. The DSE focuses on delivering world-class service, partnering with clients to meet their digital campaign objectives. The DSE proactively provides campaign feedback and presents up-sell opportunities to existing clients in order to grow a book of business. The ideal candidate will have solid experience with SEO, SEM advertising sales, and account management.
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow and maintain all sales activities, from lead generation through close via cold calls, email and social strategies.
- Drive sales growth and pipeline through setting up qualified meetings
- Possess a thorough knowledge digital product portfolio and use knowledge to overcome customer objectives
- Understand, demonstrate and explain to new and current advertisers the value that our products and services have over the competition
- Understand how the competition sells their products and services, including rates and specials
- Keep records of products sold to customers and look for ways to increase advertiser spend
- Create marketing presentations and solution-based needs proposals based on information provided by the customer
- Analyze and interpret key sales metrics and develop strategies to reach sales success
- Work with appropriate departments to create compelling media solutions for advertisers
- Provide reliable forecasts and revenue projections. Meet all required performance metrics detailed by management and perform at or above the assigned sales quota
- Own the entire sales and retention cycle for each campaign working in conjunction with the assigned account analyst, client services, and the ad operations team
- Complete post-sale paperwork, including detailed insertion order instructions, which requires a strong command of their product and basic internet techniques.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2-4 years media sales experience required. Existing book of business and contacts/relationships preferred.
- Proven track record of success in online media sales, direct experience with selling ad serving, rich media, email, online media, or technology required.
- Proven track record of success driving revenue (e.g., ability to capture and close the deal)
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, and customer relationship skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities; demonstrated time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, dynamic environment
- Professional, outgoing, and friendly and able to adapt sales techniques and presentations
- Proficient at personal goal setting and demonstrates a drive to succeed goals required
- Analytical skills required for work on data-driven summary reports on campaign performance
- Proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required
- Google AdWords and Analytics Certification preferred
Work Environment: This is a remote position (PA/NJ area)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 30 pounds.
Other Duties: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply, go to: https://digitalfirstmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/MNG/login?redirect=%2Fen-US%2FMNG%2Fjob%2FExton%252C-Pennsylvania%2FMultimedia-Account-Executive---Daily-Local-News_R116%2Fapply%2FapplyManually%3FlocationRegionStateProvince%3Df620a79f2dc44473828b42881312de2b