MediaNews Group is searching for a Digital Account Specialist.
MediaNews Group offers news reporting and third party advertising and marketing opportunities through its multi-platform products which include: web, mobile, tablet, and print. We are one of the largest media groups in the U.S., serving high-value audiences and connecting advertisers to them. MNG publishes award-winning content (49 Pulitzers) that amasses and engages a nationwide audience via 800 multi-media platforms including web, mobile, social, and print. We are transforming the news industry.
The Digital Account Specialist is responsible for maximizing the performance of customer accounts and digital advertising campaigns from post-sale to renewal. The Digital Account Specialist will interact with sales teams to ensure seamless digital campaign execution, providing a high-level of client service support.
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day execution of strategic ongoing digital advertising accounts and campaigns to meet revenue goals and reduce customer churn (turnover)
- Assist in developing optimization strategies and retaining sales in the full digital product portfolio
- Monitor campaign effectiveness and make recommendations to customers that result in effective advertiser solutions, retention, and up-sell
- Interpret digital campaign reports and account performance data, establish KPI’s and ensure targets are met or exceeded
- Develop and provide customer-focused communications on sales performance including, effectiveness, targeting, and strategy
- Assess digital campaigns across markets to identify opportunities to increase market share
- Support and adhere to digital revenue operations processes, policies, procedures and standards of performance
- Liaise with web production, sales, marketing, and analytics regarding planning and prioritization to assist in the execution of the campaigns
- Work collaboratively with the sales team to recommend campaign modifications for optimal results and according to client expectations.
- Participate on virtual meetings and presentations with sales team when applicable
- Cultivate positive professional relationships with clients, vendors and internal teams
- Support sales and management teams in responding to client requests and special projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent number of years of experience required.
- 2+ years digital marketing, interactive account management and/or online media planning and buying required.
- Previous success in a client-facing role required.
- Digital campaign trafficking required.
- Strong business acumen, excellent analytical and interpretative skills including presenting data in an easy-to-interpret format
- Digital product experience (SEO, SEM, Social, Display)
- Salesforce experience required
- Experience in site research tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Experience in analyzing and presenting data in an easy-to-interpret format
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a part of a team
- Able to constantly prioritize workload with minimal supervision and manage multiple projects
- Able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure, dynamic environment, with tight deadlines
- This job operates in a professional office environment and at the Company and client sites for business meetings and presentations. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- This may be a permanent remote role.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms and requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies up to 30 pounds.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If interested, contact Shelley Meenan at [email protected]