The Forum of Executive Women (The Forum), the Greater Philadelphia Region's premier organization whose mission is to advance women leaders, seeks a Content and Communication Specialist to develop and deploy ongoing written and visual content for myriad communication channels for various Forum constituencies.
Interested candidates should have a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and The Forum’s goal to achieve equitable representation in leadership, influence and power for women in the workplace, their homes and their communities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Content and Communication Specialist should have experience in creating written and visual social media content (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.), event invitations/programs, press releases, op-ed pieces, crisis communications, long-form article writing for magazine/newsletters, website copy, brochure copy, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communication, journalism, English or liberal arts or another acceptable transferable field
- 3+ years of applicable experience, preferably in a membership organization or non-profit
- Excellent writing skills, including interpersonal/first-person narrative, press releases, website copy, speeches/message points, crisis statements, social media content, newsletter content, etc.
- Excellent project management, time management and organizational skills
- Excellent knowledge of emerging media and content marketing trends
- Full proficiency in social media channels, such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office 365, PowerPoint, Excel
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills and adept at quickly establishing rapport and respect
- Preference for experience working with a volunteer board and committee members
- Knowledge of a design program for visual content, such as Canva or Photoshop, and a CMS for social, such as Hootsuite or Sprout Social
- Produce ongoing written/visual/video content for The Forum's core marketing and communications vehicles, including but not limited to: website, weekly member communication and social media channels, and ensure integrity of message, compliance with communication protocol and inclusion of brand voice.
- Support The Forum Board and Board committees with content needs as they arise.
- Train/educate members on how to provide user-generated content for use by The Forum in communicating to constituents.
- Cultivate ongoing dialogue with relevant media on behalf of The Forum that results in media coverage and third-party opportunities.
- Foster strong partner relationships with photographers, videographers and freelancers to assist with content development.
- Ensure brand integrity/adherence in all external and internal content.
- Additional relevant responsibilities as determined by Executive Director.
This position is hourly (20-25 hours per month).
Candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected].