Phoenixville is looking for a Community Engagement Coordinator.
Under immediate supervision of the Assistant Borough Manager, assignments are varied, frequently complex, and require the application of analytic and evaluative thinking, initiative and independent judgment in accordance with established and developing policies, procedures, precedents, and legal requirements.
This position is a highly visible position within the Borough and is primarily responsible for facilitating communication between the government organization and both the news media and general public, as well as providing direct support to the Borough Manager and Assistant Borough Manager.
The Community Engagement Coordinator is also responsible for assisting in researching, planning and developing Borough projects and will also be the person responsible for media relations and Borough events.
• Operate standard office equipment
• Type at a rate of at least 40 words per minute
• Proofread typed material
• Learn and use departmental computer systems
• Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
• Able to make mathematical calculations with high degree of accuracy
• Able to accurately maintain data and information
• Able to understand and follow both oral and written instructions
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Able to work a flexible schedule including occasional evening hours
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate professionalism with sensitive or confidential Borough matters
• Effectively skilled in conflict management and handling job related emergencies, as well as working under pressure
• Ability to prepare and write clear, concise reports and documents
• Establish and maintain effective work relationships
• Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy
• Thorough knowledge of public administration principles and practices
• Ability to meet approved physical standards (reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in communications, journalism, business administration, public administration or related field preferred
• Minimum three years of progressively responsible professional public administration, business administration, capital development, transportation or related work
• Possession of a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
Please review job description for essential duties and responsibilities.
To apply: Submit applications to [email protected] or
Borough Hall, Attn: Human Resources 351 Bridge Street, 2nd Floor Phoenixville, PA 19460.
All resumes must be accompanied by a Borough application. EOE