Episcopal Academy is looking for a Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager plays a critical role in helping the school effectively engage with current and prospective families, alumni, faculty and staff, and friends. A key member of The Episcopal Academy's four-person Communications Office, this role is responsible for creating and deploying content across various channels, including website, social media, direct email, digital newsletters, print magazines, etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating compelling editorial content for use in various print and digital publications
- Creating engaging visual content for social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Producing weekly parent e-newsletter and monthly alumni e-newsletter
- Editing and distributing mass emails on behalf of school leaders and/or departments
- Assisting with development of the school's print magazine
- Assisting with daily management of school website, including content creation, news updates, routine maintenance, and search engine optimization
- Contributing to editorial content planning for school-wide communications
- Proofreading and editing content generated by others
- Ensuring all communications adhere to the school's brand standards
The Communications Manager is a full-time, 12-month, on-site position that reports to the Director of Communications. While the typical expectation is a Monday-Friday work week, there may be occasional times when evening or weekend work is required.
Located 16 miles outside of Philadelphia, The Episcopal Academy offers competitive salary and benefits; employer retirement plan match; paid time off; holiday time that totals 4 weeks throughout the year; excellent work/life balance; access to ongoing professional development; complimentary lunch during the school year; and use of campus facilities, including library and fitness center.
While each employee at Episcopal brings a unique set of competencies and skills to their work, we believe all employees should:
- Be student-centered and show it through actions and interactions with students, colleagues, and parents.
- Embody and live The Stripes.
- Consistently maintain high standards for his or her own work and motivate others to achieve the same standard of excellence.
- Demonstrate a desire and willingness to constantly grow and learn, both personally and professionally, and see others – especially students – as having the ability to learn and reach success.
- Foster a positive culture by being optimistic, selfless, flexible, and collaborative.
- Demonstrate a belief in and commitment to fostering an inclusive and diverse school community.
The ideal candidate is both a content creator and strategist who has a deep understanding of content strategy across diverse digital and print platforms.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of related experience in communications, marketing communications, or content creation
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Experience with content management systems, digital asset management systems, and email marketing software
- Mastery in social media content and strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- Highly organized and self-disciplined multi-tasker
- Meticulous attention to detail, quality, and timeliness
- A tactful communicator who can effectively tailor messaging and content to suit each channel and target audience
- Collaborative, intellectually-curious lifelong learner
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Basic HTML coding skills
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- Experience with Google Suite
- Knowledge of magazine layout and production process
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM strategy and trends
- Experience in education industry or non-profit organizations
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three references as PDFs to [email protected]. Please include "Communications Manager" in the subject line.
Position Term Begins: Immediately
The Episcopal Academy seeks candidates who hope to help foster a school environment where all people are valued and where all perspectives are respected and appreciated, as described in our Diversity and Inclusion statement.