Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, Philadelphia, are looking for a seasoned and enthusiastic candidate to join our communications team who will drive employee engagement and adoption of transformative initiatives across a dynamic academic health center and professional university.
The candidate should possess a strategic mindset and a hands-on approach to developing, implementing and coordinating communication strategies for deployment.
• Partners with leadership to manage the writing and communication needs. This includes understanding and prioritizing projects, developing communications timelines and project plans, gaining consensus and executing agreed upon tactics in collaboration with appropriate leadership.
• Uses best practices for engaging employees and management to influence behaviors that drive engagement at varying levels enterprise-wide and build a high-performing culture that aligns with benchmarks established under the guidance of leadership.
• Coordinates with and provides updates to Corporate Communications and communication leads at other divisions at regular meetings and through collaboration software; ensures cohesive alignment and scheduling of messaging and tactics.
• Monitors and shares success of communication tactics through data reporting and refines strategy as appropriate.
• Develops, manages and facilitates content for employees using enterprise platforms, printed materials and other internal channels as appropriate.
• Regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as the use of digital technology and platforms, video, graphic design, demos and webinars, etc.
• Writes, proofs and edits communications and employee-related documents for clarity and consistency; ensures all communications are aligned with corporate brand identity.
• Interacts with co-workers, visitors and other staff consistent with values of Jefferson.
At least 8 to 10 years of experience as a communicator in health care, higher-education or related industry preferred.
Must be a strategic and business-savvy thinker who is highly organized and hands-on project manager; skilled multi-tasker who can institute and sustain process and workflows in a complex environment. Must also possess solid writing skills and be independent, resourceful, solutions-oriented, curious, and a highly-motivated team player who embraces a fast-paced environment and enjoys exploring new technology.
Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint and Excel; working knowledge of photo editing software and Adobe Acrobat; familiarity with basic video editing tools and understanding of social media channels.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
If interested in this position, send your resume and cover letter to: Lauren Callahan, Talent Acquisition Partner, [email protected]